US Federal Contractor Registration created its Simplified Acquisition Program to help owners of small businesses who plan to bid on contracts valued at between $2,500 and $150,000, and contracts that are worth up to $6.5 million in some industries.
Simplified Acquisition contracts improve opportunities for small, small disadvantaged, women-owned, veteran-owned, HUBZone, and service-disabled veteran-owned small business owners. These types of contracts also offer large businesses another way of earning federal funds in government contracting.
The Simplified Acquisition Program links businesses with procurement officers, which is an invaluable resource. Some government agencies do not post contracts valued at between $2,500 and $25,000 to FedBizOpps (FBO) or another federal bid board. Being able to bid on government contracts that are not published on FBO gives businesses using the Simplified Acquisition Program a much needed leg up on their competition in the federal marketplace.
Unlike responses to a request for proposal, quotes are purely informational. Transactions made under simplified acquisition procedures (above and below the threshold) get legally binding only when the companies accept an offer the procurement officer makes based on a quote. Companies can only accept or reject government offers. If a company submits a quote but claims that it’s a limited time discount, there’s no reason for the purchasing officer to behave as if the quote is actually time-limited. If the government offers to buy the service/product at the quoted price even after the supposed expiration of the price, contractors are still in a position to only accept or reject the offer.
US Federal Contractor Registration provides business owners with what they need to start winning these available simplified acquisition contracts. With the government spending more than $400 billion each year, there are countless government contracts that can be won utilizing a US Federal Contractor Registration Simplified Acquisition Program.
Simplified Acquisition Program includes the following:
- Complete government business plan designed to provide your business direct access to buyers and prime vendors in your industry
- System for Award Management (SAM) Registration or Migration from existing CCR/ORCA Registration
- Customized official government profile, which is added to the federal search database
- Monthly e-mail bid notification and contract support.
- Up to a seven-page government-formatted website, which will include a Landing Page, Vendor Profile, References, Past Performance, Product/Services, Contact Page, and Photo Gallery.
- Branded Domain Name, Web Hosting, and Limited Updates for One Year.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
For more information about the Simplified Acquisition Program, call the Contractor Hotline at 877-252-2700 ext. 1.
For more information about Simplified Contracts: http://www.simplifiedacquisitionprogram.org/
For more information about the Simplified Acquisition Program: Simplified Acquisition Program
To read the applicable sections of the FAR related to the simplified acquisition program: https://www.acquisition.gov/sites/default/files/current/far/html/FARTOCP13.html