Aside from the USA mail being delivered, as well as Medicare and Social Security benefits unaltered here are some important small business contracting facts about the government shutdown.
1. GSA announced yesterday that over 1000 solicitations were posted to FedBizOpps.
2. FedBizOpps currently has over 34,000 available government contracts up for bid. These contracts and awards have been posted by multiple agencies.
3. US Federal Contractor Registration is still currently open and continues help contractors with their government registrations.
4. System for Award Management Registration (SAM) is still up and running.
5. Debt Ceiling Legislation must be decided upon before the end of the shutdown.
According to USA TODAY,