Once your business has been properly registered in System for Award Management (SAM) registration, you can change your Point of Contact (POC) at anytime. Keeping your POC is possibly one of the most important aspects of the SAM registration. Every business must keep their SAM registration updated annually to make sure their account is correct and complete. You will not be allowed to edit submitted registrations that have not yet been activated. To edit your entity’s registration and updating your POC, follow these steps:
1. Go to SAM.gov, and login with your username and password. You will be directed to your My SAM page.
2. Under the “Register/Update Entity” section found in the navigation panel on the left side of the screen, select “Complete Registrations” for active registrations or “Incomplete Registrations” for registrations that have not yet been submitted.
3. Search for the entity registration that you want to update, and click “Update” found at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to the Verify DUNS and/or DoDAAC page.
4. Make the necessary changes, and click “Save and Continue” on each updated page.
5. After you review the entire registration, click “Submit” on the final review page. Or, if you are not ready to re-submit the registration, click “Back to User Dashboard” found on the left side of the page.
Important: You do not need to re-submit the registration if you only update the POC information. If you update and save the POC information, the changes will be automatically saved to the record. Make sure this important is complete and constantly updated. Even if your point of contact will never change, it is still important to keep a close eye on this section a couple times a year.