SAM Registration Required for Federal Contracting

SAM RegistrationIn order to do business with the US Federal Government, businesses and organizations must complete the required registration.  Formerly, this involved two steps:  CCR registration and ORCA filing.  Now however, entities can complete registration on one single website:

The System for Award Management, or SAM, is a new system which is streamlining the federal procurement and award process.  This benefits users by no longer requiring them to remember multiple logins or enter duplicate information on several systems.  Officials also hope that having a single resource will reduce maintenance burdens and decrease the cost to taxpayers.

Before you can register with SAM, you will need to first obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number.

To register an entity in SAM, users will need to:

1.  Access the SAM online registration at

2.  Create a User Account.

3.  Click on Register New Entity from the menu on the left side of the screen.

4.  Follow the on-screen directions to complete the online registration.


System for Awards Management (SAM) registration to most businesses can seem quite overwhelming, which is why is it smart to use a third party registration firm to help you complete the process.  US Federal Contractor Registration is the world’s largest third party registration firm registering thousands of businesses every year in System for Awards Management (SAM).

Contact their Contractor Helpline at (877) 252-2700 ext 1 or complete the form below for assistance with their SAM registration.


[contact-form 7 “SAM”]


Filed under: Government Contracting Tips, System for Award ManagementTagged with: , , , , , ,

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *
Name *
Email *