Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF) is an online e-commerce business to business application that lets Government contractors create and send electronic reports and invoices to Government acceptors/inspectors. The application is designed to eliminate paper from the Department of Defense Database. Enable vendors and government officials to electronically access and process the documentation needed to generate payment for goods and services. Each document includes: contracts, invoices, and receiving reports.
As it states from the DFAS webpage, in the traditional DoD business method, three documents are required to make a payment – the contract, the receiving report and the invoice. Each of these may arrive at the payment office separately – if they are paper. They are processed individually as they arrive. Information is then manually keyed in to the payment system. Using WAWF, electronic documents are shared, elimin
ating paper and redundant data entry. Data accuracy is increased and the risk of losing a document is greatly reduced.
The contract is available through a seamless interface with an application called Electronic Document Access (EDA). Contractors have electronic options for submitting invoices and receiving documents. They can submit documents on the Web, through FTP, or through EDI.
WAWF supports DoD’s efforts to reduce unmatched disbursements in the DoD receipt, acceptance, entitlement and payment process through data sharing and electronic processing. The benefits to DoD are global accessibility of documents, reduced need for re-keying, improved data accuracy, real-time processing, and secure transactions with audit capability. For vendors, benefits include the capability to electronically submit invoices, reduction of lost or misplaced documents, and online access to contract payment records.
- Reduce interest penalties and increase discounts taken for timely payments
- Virtually eliminate lost documents
- Improve data accuracy
- Ability to electronically record the inspection and acceptance of goods and services
- View documents and their status at any time
- Real time processing
- Reduction of data entry (re-keying) resulting in improved accuracy of data
- Maximize vendor offered discounts
- Secure transactions with audit capability
- Improves cash flow management
- Eliminate lost documents
- Reduces operating costs
- Global accessibility of documents
- Audit capability
- FREE, web based system
• Reduced mailing expenses and internal mail handling costs
• Virtually eliminates lost documents
• Faster payments when discounts are offered and taken
• Downloadable software from the web at no cost
• Online access to EDA, payment status and history
• Ability to correct rejected documents online and resubmit
• Ability to submit documents electronically
• Faster processing time; faster payment time
• View documents and their status at any time
• Immediate feedback when the government rejects a document
• Secure transactions with audit capability